Webdisk vs Packageserver

• Hello,

As I can't read the details for these products in English, I'm asking your help to point me which of them can do what I want:

1.- Files will be upload only by me, so this is simple

2.- Download access to specific usergroup(s) at least in category limit if not per file.

3.- Limit downloads per day or any other time frame (eg per week).

4.- Paid downloads (???). I know that this is not a common features, but at least will helps me to bypass the missing "Subscriptions" from WBB.

So, which of them to bought?

Chris

• Offizieller Beitrag

First of all the package server is used to distribute packages for the WCF. It can be abused for a download system but I wouldn't do that.

Zitat

1.- Files will be upload only by me, so this is simple

That's possible for both products, because both use the permission system.

Zitat

2.- Download access to specific usergroup(s) at least in category limit if not per file.

This is currently only possible for the package server. Nevertheless user have to authenticate on the package server first before they can see/access the packages. This feature will be implemented within the next feature update of the webdisc, which I'm currently working on.

Zitat

3.- Limit downloads per day or any other time frame (eg per week).

It's possible only in the webdisc. There are user based and global traffic limits (but not on the amount of downloads). I will implement an amount based limitation within the next feature update. The package server will not have any of these limitations.

Zitat

4.- Paid downloads (???). I know that this is not a common features, but at least will helps me to bypass the missing "Subscriptions" from WBB.

This is not possible in both products. If you want that feature you have to buy the customer area. This products also has the option of free downloads. Maybe that product is an option for you?

• This is not possible in both products. If you want that feature you have to buy the customer area. This products also has the option of free downloads. Maybe that product is an option for you?

But I've bought customer area with all plugins, and also the security system and Lexicon. Unfortunatelly there is no subscription system, something that as I seen you plan to add in Q3 of this year.

How I'm working:

1.- Selling Downloadable products priced per product. This is something that customer area can do fine.

2.- What I want to add is the ablity to sell subscriptions which will give the buyers the right to download ANY product for a specific time frame eg for 1 week only, or for 1 month only etc.

If Customer area was supporting the ability to change the addon "Access to download for 1 year", to "Access to download for 1 week", then it was easy to pack all the products and sell it as one single product. But the 1 year perio is too long. If I do something like this I need to place a price 1,000 Euros and more as I've many products.

Chris